Adding a suffix to words ending in -lWith these words you needto notice whether there is one vowel ot two vowels immediately before the l.
Look for a pattern in the following examples:
The patterns are fairly obvious aren't they?
Test you understanding of them by crossing out the wrong spellings in each of the following sentences:
1. Biff labeled/labelled the packages, threw them on the trolley, and wheeled/wheelled them out of the room.
2. The watchman patroled/patrolled at hourly intervals.
3. The referee sent off the striker for fouling/foulling the goalkeeper.
4. Marianne's fees for the modeling/modelling course totaled/totalled more than a month's salary.
5. A loud bang signaled/signalled the start of the sailing/sailling race.
6. Sammy controled/controlled the speed of the haulage/haullage rope using the red lever.
Then memorize the focus words